Stanton is now included as the Nebraska Air National Guard plans a flyover salute to healthcare professionals and all Nebraskans responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. After weather caused the cancellation of the salute originally planned earlier this week, it has been rescheduled for Monday, May 18.
The revised flight plan includes more than 30 Nebraska hospitals in communities spanning nearly the entire state. The flyover will be over Stanton at about 10:53 a.m.
The KC-135 will fly above these locations at an altitude between 1,000 and 1,500 feet and speed of more than 200 miles per hour.
Nebraskans are encouraged to view the flyovers from the safety of their homes or work while practicing physical distancing. Anyone working in and living around these facilities should have no problem seeing or hearing the aircraft.
The tribute, scheduled and flown as part of an already planned training flight, is a time-honored aviation tradition of rendering honors and recognition to outstanding individuals and groups.
The Stratotanker provides the core aerial refueling capability for the United States Air Force and enhances our Nation's ability to project airpower globally. Its pilots must perform a minimum number of flight hours annually to maintain proficiency. Leveraging an already-planned training flight means the flyovers will not incur additional costs to taxpayers.
A 155th Air Refueling Wing KC-135 Stratotanker, based out of the Lincoln Air National Guard base, will fly above the following healthcare facilities at the following times (exact times may vary by up to 10 minutes):
* CHI Health St. Mary's, Nebraska City: 10:10 a.m. CDT
* Bellevue Medical Center, Bellevue: 10:19 a.m. CDT
* CHI Health Midlands, Papillion: 10:21 a.m. CDT
* CHI Health Lakeside, Omaha: 10:24 a.m. CDT
* Methodist Hospital and Children's Hospital, Omaha: 10:26 a.m. CDT
* University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha: 10:27 a.m. CDT
* VA Medical Center, Omaha: 10:29 a.m. CDT
* Bergan Mercy Medical Center, Omaha: 10:30 a.m. CDT
* Methodist Fremont Health, Fremont: 10:37 a.m. CDT
* St. Francis Memorial, West Point: 10:45 a.m. CDT
* Faith Regional, Stanton: 10:53 a.m. CDT
* Faith Regional, Norfolk: 10:57 a.m. CDT
* CHI Health, Schuyler: 11:09 a.m. CDT
* Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus: 11:14 a.m. CDT
* Stromsburg Medical Clinic, Stromsburg: 11:21 a.m. CDT
* Grand Island Medical Center: 11:32 a.m. CDT
* CHI Health St Francis, Grand Island: 11:32 a.m. CDT
* Mary Lanning Healthcare, Hastings: 11:39 a.m. CDT
* CHI Health Good Samaritan, Kearney: 11:49 a.m. CDT
* Kearney Regional Medical Center, Kearney: 11:50 a.m. CDT
* Phelps Memorial, Holdrege: 11:56 a.m. CDT
* Tri Valley Health, Cambridge: 12:08 p.m. CDT
* McCook Community Hospital, McCook: 12:14 p.m. CDT
* Great Plains Regional Medical Center, North Platte: 12:32 p.m. CDT
* Ogallala Community Hospital, Ogallala: 11:46 a.m. MDT
* Box Butte General Hospital, Alliance: 12:10 p.m. MDT
* Chadron Community Hospital, Chadron: 12:24 p.m. MDT
* VA Medical Clinic and CHI Health St. Elizabeth, Lincoln: 2:39 p.m. CDT
* Bryan East Medical Center, Lincoln: 2:39 p.m. CDT
* Bryan West Medical Center, Lincoln: 2:40 p.m. CDT